Thursday, January 9, 2014

American Girl on Saturn by Nikki Godwin



Release Date: August 29, 2013
Publisher: Nikki Godwin
Series: Saturn #1
Characters: Chloe Branson, Milo
Age Group: Teens
Pages: 340
Format: Kindle
Source: Author (Thanks!)
Buy the Book: Amazon | Barnes and Noble

Synopsis: The summer after graduation is supposed to be that first real taste of freedom - but not for eighteen-year-old Chloe Branson. Just as that breeze of freedom is making its way into her galaxy, her secret-service-agent dad drops a meteor-sized bomb of bad news on her and her sisters. An attempt has been made on the lives of Canadian boyband, Spaceships Around Saturn, during their USA tour, and the guys have to go into hiding ASAP. The only problem? In the midst of the crisis and media frenzy, their dad volunteered to hide the guys...in their house.

Six-year-old Emery is as ecstatic as any self-proclaimed Saturnite would be, but Chloe and her seventeen-year-old sister Aralie watch their summer plans crash and burn like a falling star. The SAS guys aren't happy with the situation, either. Bad boy Jules picks fights with Aralie about everything from his Twitter followers to his laundry, and heart-throb Benji can't escape Emery's fangirlisms for more than three minutes.

But after the super-cute Milo kisses Chloe during a game of hide-and-seek, she finally understands what Emery means when she talks about SAS being "out of this world." If this is what Saturn feels like, Chloe doesn't want to come back to Earth.

My Review: I loved, loved, loved, loved this book! Didn't catch that? I LOVED it. It makes all my fangirl insides jump around and do a freaking conga line! Ah, the sweet, sweet fangirl language; how beautiful it is and how awesome Nikki made it. This book is so very cool and fun and sweet. It's like the ultimate fangirl dream. (My case would be One Direction and I'm sorry Noah, but you'd be Harry; anyway I doubt Chloe would appreciate it if I tried something.) I loved how real Spaceships Around Saturn was, like I felt as though they were a real band; I felt the need to suddenly put on their music halfway through the book and then I remembered they don't exist... Thanks for that Nik :(
LOL anyway! The book was great. Of course there is a lot of drama, I mean hello a famous Canadian boy band and 3 girls in one house? Recipe for disaster. Emery, who is 5, is mega obsessed with Benji, who is the lead singer, and then there's Tate who's goofy and all and just laughs at everything. We have Noah who is actually kinda goofy as well, although not as much as Tate and he's a great friend to Milo. Then of course we must have a badboy, which is Jules. Aralie, the middle sister who is 17, is a total firecracker and Jules being an ass, he just gets under her skin. All their fights? Priceless. I loved those so much, she's so explosive and so is he.
Milo was incredible. He was sweet and mature and so perfect for Chloe. Chloe is the eldest and she's 18. She starts to get thess Saturnite feelings like 5 seconds after SAS arrive and she gets a whiff of Milo (sounds creepy, I know lol).
Oh God I just spoke of them like reciting One Direction fun facts... moving on.
Lots of drama, jokes, sneaking (wink, wink!), arguing and bonding. It's a lovely story and I'd definitely recommend it. But if you hate boy bands, this may not be the book for you, so sorry you're missing out on the greater things in life.

I AM A SATURNITE. God Nikki what have you done to me? I'm pretty sure I look as creepy as Emery with her crazy taxidermy hyena laugh and my roommate will probably be afraid of me from now on... So thanks for making me look like a weirdo!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...