Saturday, July 6, 2013

Chameleon by Kelly Oram—Blog Tour!


Hello! And welcome to my stop on the Chameleon blog tour! It's always a blast to participate and to have everyone get involved and bloghopping. Today I have an interview with Kelly Oram for you and my review! Hope you enjoy it and keep on hoppin' :)

About the Book:




















Chameleon by Kelly Oram
Buy the Book: Amazon
Synopsis: For small-town rebel Dani Webber magic and monsters are no more real than the Easter Bunny… until the day she accidentally stops time. Dani quickly discovers that not only do supernaturals exist, but she herself is one of them. This is great news for her life-long best friend Russ, who can finally come clean about his own supernatural status and his undying love for her. Before the two can start to enjoy the long overdue relationship, Dani is taken by a powerful council of supernaturals who believe she is the Chosen One destined to save them from extinction.

As if being kidnapped and expected to save the world isn’t bad enough, an ancient prophecy warns of the Chosen One’s dark nature: “Only the truest love will keep her an agent for good.” The council believes they know who this “true love” is and, unfortunately, that person isn’t Russ. The mysterious, powerful and devastatingly handsome Seer is the last person Dani wants in her life, but when she starts having visions of a horrific future, she has no one else to turn to for help.

Soon Dani finds herself torn between two very different boys with two very different opinions of whom she can trust. With the visions getting worse and time running out, Dani is forced to put aside her feelings and work with both the Seer and Russ before an ancient evil is unleashed upon the earth.

My Review: I really, really loved this book! It had tons of actiona and I love it when the female leads are fiery and strong and independant. That's exactly the way I can describe Dani. She's very tough and I love it. Isn't very good with the whole being pushed around. Emotionally though she is a total wreck. I was a bit pissed at her for that, but I guess I could understand how she felt torn between her best friend and her "one true love" according to the council. Sometimes I just wanted to shake her and slap her. Other times I just felt so bad for her because of all that is going on that I just wanted to hug her and help her. She was all over the spectrum emotionally and I felt the same way reading this book. It was all over the place and I wasn't sure whom to trust and whom to just rip to shreds for being a traitor. So many times I was convinced it was one person then I'd think it were impossible and then I'd be skeptical all over again. Tons of points for suspense and action, Kelly. Definitely will love to read the sequel.

Meet the Author:

Kelly Oram wrote her first novel at age fifteen–a fan fiction about her favorite music group, The Backstreet Boys, for which family and friends still tease her. She's obsessed with reading, talks way too much, and loves to eat frosting by the spoonful. She lives outside of Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and four children.

Connect with Kelly: Twitter | Facebook | Blog

The Interview:

Edmiary: First of all of course I want to say it's so awesome being a part of the tour and thank you for letting me interview you. 
Okay, so I'm gonna start by asking something pretty simple and it's always nice to see the different responses. If you could have dinner with any author (dead or alive) who would it be and why?

Kelly: I’d say either Meg Cabot or John Green. Meg Cabot is my favorite author and a lot of the inspiration behind my writing. I’d love to be able to pick her brain and hear her story. John Green is also one of my favorite authors. I’d love to have dinner with him because he is adorable and hilarious and brilliant! Do you guys watch his webcasts? If you haven’t, you should. SO AWESOME.

Edmiary: What first inspired you to write CHAMELEON? Another book? A show? A dream?

Kelly: It wasn’t really anything specific other than my love for paranormal fantasy. I’ve always loved paranormal fantasy and was determined to give it a try. I sat down and had a brainstorming session with my sister and came up with the idea for Dani’s character and her powers. The rest all built from there.

Edmiary: I know you are familiar with writing supernatural before (loved BEING JAMIE BAKER), but this was much deeper into the whole supernatural. How was the writing experience? In terms of research, imagination, etc.

Kelly: It was a whole new experience for me. Being Jamie Baker is sci-fi/comic book so it did have some supernatural elements to it, but with Chameleon I got to create an entire new world. I got to use lots of different supernatural species that I love, and create my own rules and lore. It was harder than any book I’d written before it because it was new to me, and it did take some research, but it was something I’ve always wanted to do and I loved every second of it.

Edmiary: What book did you recently read that you absolutely loved?

Kelly: Hmm. I read so many books it’s hard to say. I did whip through the Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima not long ago. I don’t think I can possibly gush enough over how much I loved those books! So amazing!

Edmiary: And my last question is, if you could be any supernatural creature, what would you choose? (You can't pick Chameleon! lol)

Kelly: Oh, I would be a magic user hands down. Witch, warlock, wizard whatever you want to call it. Magic rules and I would have a lot of fun with it. ☺

Edmiary: Okay, that's it Kelly and thanks for stopping by Crazed Bookie! :)


Kelly's Giveaway:

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...