Monday, June 17, 2013
For Love Or Money Blog Tour!—Guest Post: Cathy Perkins
Hi, everyone! I'm so glad to be visiting The Crazed Bookie today! Along with celebrating the release of For Love or Money, my amateur sleuth/romantic mystery from Entangled Publishing, I've been thinking a lot about readers. Authors write books because they love creating characters, worlds, plots, twists and turns, but ultimately the story is meant to entertain the reader. I'm blessed with some awesome, supportive readers and I'm a devoted fan of some of my favorite authors.
So how can you tell if you're a run-of-the-mill reader or if you take your favorite books a little more seriously? My goals group and I talked this over (and admitted to a few neurotic reader tendencies). I decided to offer you a checklist so you could rate yourself.
The top ten signs that you may be HARDCORE READER:
1) Under threat of imminent flood, you pack all your books and move them and leave everything else to drown. (One member of our group actually, kinda, sorta might've actual done this when the Mississippi flooded. Not that she's neurotic or anything.)
2) You could build your own version of the leaning tower of Pisa with the books in your bedroom. And living room. Dining room... Bath room...
3) You have both a Nook and a Kindle. And reading apps on your phone. Bonus point - you have an automatic reminder on the reader to take a shower.
4) Your version of Doomsday preparation is ensuring you have a five-year emergency power supply for your e-readers. Each.
5) You have reserved seating and a platinum frequent visitor card at the local library.
6) Goodreads sends “get well” cards if you haven't posted a book review in the last few days.
7) Everyone thinks your house is haunted, because the yard is overgrown and the only visible light at night comes from your e-reader.
8) You have a tattoo somewhere on your body that only another fan or someone from a fictional world would “get.”
9) After a book ends, you go to bed thinking about the hero's and heroine's lives and wondering if they're going to be okay. If there were a phone number for them in the book, you'd call just to be sure.
10) When you have a really bad day, you pull out your favorite book—one you've already read a dozen times with a tattered spine and dog-eared pages—because when times are tough, there's no one else you would rather hang out with.
How many of these can you claim? More than a few and you may be a true Hardcore Reader! Leave a comment to enter through the giveaway via rafflecoptor. A quick “hi” is good enough, but you'll score bonus points (in my heart at the very least!) if you finish this sentence in the comments below:
You know you're a HARDCORE READER when…
Good luck and happy reading, my friends!
About the Book
For Love Or Money by Cathy Perkins
Buy the Book: Amazon
When Holly Price trips over a friend’s dead body while hiking, her life takes a nosedive into a world of intrigue and danger. The verdict is murder—and Holly is the prime suspect.
Of course, the fact that the infinitely sexy—and very pissed off—cop threatening to arrest her is JC Dimitrak, who just happens to be Holly’s jilted ex-fiancé, doesn’t help matters.
To protect her future, her business...and her heart...the intrepid forensic accountant must use all her considerable investigative skills to follow the money through an intricate web of shadow companies, while staying one step ahead of her ex-fiancé. She better solve the case before the real killer decides CPA stands for Certified Pain in the Ass...and the next dead body found beside the river is Holly’s.
Bio: Cathy Perkins is a member of the Sisters in Crime, Romance Writers of America and International Thriller Writers. She writes predominantly financial-based mysteries but enjoys exploring the relationship aspect of her characters' lives. Her suspense writing lurks behind a financial day-job, where she learned firsthand the camouflaged, hide in plain sight, skills employed by her villains.
She lives in the Pacific Northwest, the setting of FOR LOVE OR MONEY, with her work-a-holic husband, a 75-pound Lab who thinks she’s still a lap-puppy and a Wirehair puppy’s who’s intent on digging her way to China. You can learn more about Cathy on her website http://cperkinswrites.com.
a Rafflecopter giveaway