Friday, June 7, 2013

Act Like You Love Me by Cindi Madsen


Act Like You Love Me by Cindi Madsen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Buy the Book: Amazon

Synopsis: All’s fair in acting and amore…

 Brynn McAdams isn’t the awkward drama geek she was in high school—she’s grown up and confident, or at least she likes to think so. But when her old crush, the impossibly handsome and impossibly unattainable Sawyer Raines, comes back to town to direct her community play, Brynn finds herself determined to be someone other than the girl he doesn’t even recognize. Good thing she’s an excellent actress.  

After his bad breakup in NYC, the last thing Sawyer wants is to get involved with another actress. But the glamorous and beautiful Brynn draws him in, even though as her director, he knows she’s off-limits. There’s just something about the woman that feels…familiar. Like home.  

As Brynn’s lies start to snowball, she struggles to stop acting and come clean. But what if Sawyer is already falling for the fake Brynn, not the Brynn she truly is? 

My Review: I started this book late in the evening thinking I could get some reading done while I waited in the car at the train station for my stepdad, with my mom. That way I could kill time and get ahead with some reading. But basically, I kept reading and reading all the way home and well into the night and didn't stop until I finished at 1am. I had to get up super early for work the next day. So yeah, thanks a lot for the nice bags, Cindi.
But really I loved this! Very cute! Brynn was always so very careful around Sawyer and Sawyer was just confused! He wasn't sure what was up with her attitude and figured she was just some prima donna. I couldn't blame him because Brynn was all over the place! Especially since she was trying to be strong and confident but then he would slip past her armor and when she noticed she'd usually try to stop. She was afraid of liking him again and didn't want to see just how Sawyer truly was.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...