Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Ghost and The Goth by Stacey Kade






Release Date: June 29, 2010
Publisher: Hyperion Book CH
Series: The Ghost and The Goth #1
Characters: Alona Dare, Will Killian
Age Group: 17+
Pages: 288
Format: Kindle
Source: Friend
Buy the Book: Amazon

Synopsis: After a close encounter with a bus, Alona Dare goes from homecoming queen to Queen of the Dead. She’s stuck as a ghost in the land of the living with no sign of the big, bright light to take her to a better place. To make matters worse, the only person who might be able to help her is Will Killian, a total loser outcast.

More than anything, Will wishes he didn’t have the rare ability to communicate with the dead, especially the former mean girl of Groundsboro High. He’s not filling out any volunteer forms to help her cross to the other side, though it would bring him some welcome peace and quiet.

Can they get over their mutual distrust -- and quasi-attraction -- to work together? Readers of this spirited paranormal comedy won't want this odd couple to ever part.

My Review: This book was absolutely nothing how I expected it to be. It was sooo much better. this book was awesome. When I first read the synopsis I thought it'd be a bit lame and totally clich├ęd, to be honest. I read it though because I was really bored and I had nothing else. After I started reading it I just couldn't stop. It had completely taken me by surprise. So Will has this thing that he can talk to and see ghosts and I thought they would be all "Oh he has super powers, and his mother never noticed or blah blah", right? Totally typical. But no! They thought he had schizophrenia because, like a normal little boy, he told his mother he saw things (I loved that aspect of realism!) and she took him to a doctor. Anyway, I'm not gonna keep telling you. So, back to why I love it. because of the whole mental disorder aspect, because it was so suprisingly emotional and just... wow. I definitely recommend this one to, like, everyone.


All Content © Crazed Bookie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...