Monday, November 5, 2012

When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle



Release Date: April 26, 2012
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Children's Books
Series: N/A
Characters: Rosaline Caplet, Juliet Caplet, Rob Monteg, Len Stephens
Age Group: 14+
Pages: 352
Format: Paperback
Source: Bookstore
Buy the Book: Amazon

Synopsis: In this intensely romantic, modern recounting of the greatest love story ever told, Romeo's original intended--Juliet's cousin Rosaline--tells her side of the tale. "What's in a name, Shakespeare? I'll tell you: Everything.

"Rosaline knows that she and Rob are destined to be together. Rose has been waiting for years for Rob to kiss her--and when he finally does, it's perfect. But then Juliet moves back to town. Juliet, who used to be Rose's best friend. Juliet, who now inexplicably hates her. Juliet, who is gorgeous, vindictive, and a little bit crazy...and who has set her sights on Rob. He doesn't even stand a chance.

Rose is devastated over losing Rob to Juliet. This is not how the story was supposed to go. And when rumors start swirling about Juliet's instability, her neediness, and her threats of suicide, Rose starts to fear not only for Rob's heart, but also for his life. Because Shakespeare may have gotten the story wrong, but we all still know how it ends....

My Review: Okay. So, this story took me on a wild ride of emotions. I absolutely adored it. It was very intense and I had so much sympathy for Rose, but also frustration. And contempt and anger at Rob. Loathing towards Juliet. Like, I said, a lot of emotions. Rose is super devastated after Juliet totally sweeps Rob from her and I was so hurt because Rob just "fell in love" with this girl? Who he just frigging met, for crissakes?! That's a load of crock! He's known Rose for so long and they have been together forever and.... ugh I was so indignant. Anyway, then Len is always just kinda lurking in the sidelines all the time, teasing Rose and I had this feeling about him... he would be someone important. He was already someone I liked for some reason, so I was all rooting for Len. What for, exactly? I had no clue, but it gradually grew clearer. He was the friend Rose needed in all the craziness and yet...
Yet I am going to shut my mouth before I spill the beans. Anyway, very good story, pretty darned fresh and intense in my opinion. A must read :)



All Content © Crazed Bookie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...