Thursday, November 15, 2012

Kiss and Make Up by Faye Robertson




Release Date: February 13, 2012
Publisher: Entangled Publishing (Indulgence)
Series: N/A
Characters: Tabby Rogers, Eli Black
Age Group: 18+
[WARNING: This book is NOT for children. Contains explicit sex scenes.]
Pages: 172
Format: Kindle
Source: Bookstore
Buy the Book: Amazon

**NOTE: I normally only review YA books on my blog, but I really loved this books and wanted to share it with you! It's super sexy and funny. Read i! If you're 18 or older or a mature young adult.

Synopsis: A fling of a lifetime...

With only a month left of filming on location in New Zealand, the last thing stuntman Eli Black is looking for is a relationship. He made a promise to his brother before he died that his next stop would be Hollywood. But Eli's will is put to the test when he meets the sexy new makeup artist, Tabby.

Tabby Rogers is heading off to London to a prestigious makeup artist school, and after her ex ruined her previous plans to attend, she’s determined that nothing will stand in her way again. But a steamy, no-strings-attached affair with gorgeous Eli is too tempting to pass up.

The sparks burn hotter than imaginable, but as responsibilities pull at them from opposite ends of the globe, it quickly becomes clear that something’s got to give. Must Tabby sacrifice her hard-won career for love? Or will Eli forever be the one who got away?

My Review: Okay, so I enjoy a very well written love story. This was one of those. I know the whole point of a romance novel is to sort of pull you from reality--I know. And while I swoon for these wow males, I appreciate a touch realism. I've read novels--I won't name any because I don't like trashing people's work--that while they were good to keep me from being bored, they weren't very good. Or at least not my type of good. I'd find myself rolling my eyes at the sudden irrational lust the very first time and like the next day--bam!--they give in and totally ravish each other. That is kind of irritating.
This story though, while she was drawn to him from the beginning, there was a sense of realism. Like, "Okay, I like this guy, he's hot. He'd be cool for a casual fling." But it wasn't like they were instantly at it. I loved that. I loved that she was thinking that it was ridiculous to be having sex with a stranger. I loved that they actually LIKED each other. In many novels the characters hate each other, and while it can be pretty hot, they can't be totally loathing on the guy and banging him at the same time. Seriously. You need things in common.
I loved Eli. He was sweet, funny, friendly, buff, totally cool stuntman, and just great. I loved that she could actually be friends with him, not just have this steamy relationship. That while they weren't dating, they could be friends. I loved seeing the many sides of the story and seeing all the situations that brought Eli and Tabby to where they were.
A great, entertaining, steamy and fun story with it's bittersweet scenes that made a little a turmoil in my stomach.

All Content © Crazed Bookie


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...