Monday, September 17, 2012

Tangled Tides by Karen Amanda Hooper



Release Date: November 25, 2011
Publisher: Rhemalda Publishing
Series: The Sea Monster Memoirs #1
Characters: Yara Jones, Treygan, Rownan
Age Group: 12+
Pages: 328
Format: Kindle
Source: Author
Buy the Book: Amazon

Synopsis: Yara Jones doesn't believe in sea monsters-until she becomes one. When a hurricane hits her island home and she wakes up with fins, Yara finds herself tangled up in an underwater world of mysterious merfolk and secretive selkies. Both sides believe Yara can save them by fulfilling a broken promise and opening the sealed gateway to their realm, but they are battling over how it should be done. The selkies want to take her life. The merfolk want something far more precious.

Treygan, the stormy-eyed merman who turned Yara mer, will stop at nothing and sacrifice everything to protect his people-until he falls for Yara. The tides turn as Yara fights to save herself, hundreds of sea creatures, and the merman who has her heart. She could lose her soul in the process-or she might open the gateway to a love that's deeper than the oceans.

My Review: The first thing that I'll say is that the cover is absolutely stunning! I fell in love with it immediately! This book was soooooooooooooo good! What I loved most—apart from being awesomely unique and having wonderful creatures—was that it had intrigue. I mean, you didn't know who was the bad guy here. I'm thinking, "Oh he's totally the bad guy!" Then I'm like, "No way, the other guy is the bad guy!" Then after a few more pages, "Who the heck is the bad guy here!"
I loved that it kept me guessing and I totally fell for Treygan, even when he was being an arse... and okay, Rownan had his appeal, but he was so weird at times that I had my suspicions. But then Treygan would be all mysterious and mean and I'd change my mind again, haha. Yara is totally stubborn (Yamabuki!) and I loved that she was real pissed at her whole mer situation. I mean, I'd be real mad, too, if I was taken from my house and turned into a mer all of a sudden, even if it has it's freaking cool perks. The point is, I'd like the chance to decide. So, hooray for Yara! I definitely am looking forward to the sequel :)



All Content © Crazed Bookie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...