Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver



Release Date: February 28, 2012
Publisher: Harper Teen
Series: Delirium #2
Characters: Lena Haloway, Raven, Tack, Julian Fineman
Age Group: 14+
Pages: 375
Format: Hardcover
Source: Bookstore
Buy the Book: Amazon

Synopsis: I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare, 
pushing aside thoughts of Alex, 
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school, 
push, 
push, 
push, 
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.

Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.

My Review: You know those books that make you want to cry, laugh insanely, hurl things at the wall and scream? This is one of those books. Just like the first one, Delirium. Oliver just has this way to make you truly experience a story and just dive in so deep that when you take a lungful of air you're sputtering and blubbering like an idiot with how freaking genius the story is! Oliver delivers and boy! does she deliver!
Okay, so I was excited to read this because I was dying to know if Alex was really alive. I was so torn and heartbroken when Lena kept running and Alex died. I was so frustrated and ag! It was awful. I cried like an idiot, just really like you wouldn't believe! So, this story was pretty action-packed and intense. Lena is supposed to keep an eye on Julian though she doesn't know why and when hell breaks loose in a conference they are in she sticks to the kid like glue and they both end up kidnapped. Lena tries to free them both, but things get complicated when Julian finds out that Lena is an Invalid...
The book goes back and forth between Now and Then, Lena when she first escaped and how she adapted to the Wilds and how she's coping and dealing with life nowadays. It was amazing and that ending was just so incredible and such a cliffhanger that I just am going insane! It left me my insides all twisted and OMG I cannot wait for Requiem!


All Content © Crazed Bookie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...