Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead



Release Date: June 12, 2012
Publisher: Razorbill
Series: Bloodlines #2
Characters: Sydney Sage, Adrian Ivashkov, Jill Mastrano, Eddie Castille
Age Group: 12+
Pages: 418
Format: Hardcover
Shelfability: Bought
Source: Bookstore
Buy the Book: Amazon

Synopsis: Tough, brainy alchemist Sydney Sage and doe-eyed Moroi princess Jill Dragomir are in hiding at a human boarding school in the sunny, glamorous world of Palm Springs, California. The students--children of the wealthy and powerful--carry on with their lives in blissful ignorance, while Sydney, Jill, Eddie, and Adrian must do everything in their power to keep their secret safe. But with forbidden romances, unexpected spirit bonds, and the threat of Strigoi moving ever closer, hiding the truth is harder than anyone thought.
Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Richelle Mead's breathtaking Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive.

My Review:  This book was very, very good. I was so excited when I finally read it! Bloodlines was awesome and VA of course was INCREDIBLE! That's part of why I read the spin-off, but mainly it was because it has my dear Adrian Ivashkov, whom I adore so and was greatly saddened to see him so devastated over Rose. I did love Dimitri, of course, and was happy to see him with Rose but I still ached for Adrian. It's all very subtle, but you can tell that Adrian is starting to develope an attraction towards Sydney. At the end of Bloodlines it was clear to all of us (except Sydney, who really is the most socially inept person ever) when he says, and I quote:    My God, Sage. Your eyes. They're like liquid gold. How have I never noticed them? [...] They're beautiful. You're beautiful.


I'm pretty sure he couldn't have been clearer in expressing his interest. Sydney infuriates me sometimes with her damn clulessness. I mean she's so smart and she can't figure out simple human interaction. Ugh. Anyway, I do admire her, apart from that. She's very responsible, dedicated, caring and a strong female that anyone could definitely look up to and praise. She works hard and I loved the way she handled a certain sticky situation, which I will not mention because then I'd just spoil everything. Loved it and I am very much desperate for The Indigo Spell.


[Spolier Alert]
[Be warned]
[Read no more if you want to avoid a Spoiler!]

I needed to add this.... OMG I was dying! I wanted Adrian to kiss Sydney sooo bad and damn I had to wait until the very end and then bam it was over! I'm dying to see the twist they're relationship will take now.

All Content © Crazed Bookie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...