Monday, August 13, 2012

Blood Warrior by H.D Gordon



Release Date: September 25, 2011
Publisher: H.D Gordon
Series: Alexa Montgomery Saga #1
Characters: Alexa Montgomery, Nelliana Montgomery, Kayden, Jackson
Pages: 251
Format: Kindle Edition
Shelfability: Own/Aquire
Source: Nicole Passante
Buy the Book: Amazon

Synopsis: When her home is attacked by murderous vampires, 17-year-old Alexa is forced to leave her mother for dead in order to save her sister. She soon learns that she is the last known member of an elite race of supernatural Warriors, and is thrust into a world full of vampires and werewolves who all seem to regard her as some sort of savior. Meanwhile, Alexa battles a monster within herself that seeks to gain control; a monster that seeks blood.

The hidden city she finds herself in appears perfect, but Alexa's instincts tell her that all is not right within its walls. When she is asked to attend a school of fighters, whose exams consist of gladiator-style competitions, she must decide who she can trust among the smiling faces. And, when she meets Kayden, a vampire she feels undeniably drawn to, she must decide if she can trust herself.

My Review: I love vampire stories and all the likes, so when I was offered a review copy I quickly snatched it up. The story in itself is very, very interesting and I loved the whole city behind the walls thing like the Trojan city. There's good mystery and it has you thinking and trying to decipher it. What I didn't love was Alexa. And not really, like, her per ser, it was more her relationship with Kayden. It was way too sudden for my taste. I felt that there was slim to none build up between them; they just jumped into this blind attraction thing and she was reluctant and trying to stay distanced from him I'll say that, but the feelings were there. I understand that it's because of some other things (which I shall not mention to avoid spoilers), but I just... grr! Plus, I am all for Jack. There I said it. I fell for Jack! All in all it's worth reading and I'm very curious as to the next one.

All Content © Crazed Bookie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...