Friday, June 15, 2012

The Goddess Test by Aimée Carter



Release Date: April 19, 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Series: Goddess Test #1
Characters: Katherine Winters, Henry
Age Group: YA (14+)
Pages: 304
Format: Paperback
Source: Bookstore
Buy the Book: Amazon


Synopsis: EVERY GIRL WHO HAS TAKEN THE TEST HAS DIED.


NOW IT'S KATE'S TURN. 


It's always been just Kate and her mom--and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.
Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld--and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.
Kate is sure he's crazy--until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she suceeds, she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.


IF SHE FAILS...




My Review: I liked this book very much. I've had it in my TBR pile for like ever! I'm glad that when I finally bought it and read it it didn't disappoint me. The story is touching, I admire the way Kate is willing to sacrifice everything in order to save her mother, to keep her alive for a longer time. The whole aspect of Henry being Hades was brilliant. While I thought it was refreshing to see a side of Hades that wasn't, let's say as evil, I would have appreciated a bit more... I don't know, harshness from his part. After all he is the God of The Underworld.
I loved how Carter mixed the old with the new and made the whole story totally contemporary, adapting the Gods to nowadays. I've always adored Greek mythology so it was luring for me right from the very first page. I'm very happy with this book and I'm excited to read Goddess Interrupted. Hopefully, I won't take as long to buy this one :P

All Content © Crazed Bookie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...