Sunday, June 3, 2012

Easy by Tammara Webber

description


Release Date: May 25, 2012
Publisher: Tammara Webber
Series: N/A
Characters: Jacqueline Wallace, Lucas, Landon Maxfield
Age Group: YA Mature
Pages: 316
Format: Kindle
Shelfabillity: Acquire
Source: Author
Buy the Book: Amazon

Synopsis:  When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she’s single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, stalked by her ex’s frat brother, and failing a class for the first time in her life.
Her econ professor gives her an email address for Landon, the class tutor, who shows her that she’s still the same intelligent girl she’s always been. As Jacqueline becomes interested in more from her tutor than a better grade, his teasing responses make the feeling seem mutual. There’s just one problem—their only interactions are through email.
Meanwhile, a guy in her econ class proves his worth the first night she meets him. Nothing like her popular ex or her brainy tutor, Lucas sits on the back row, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. At a downtown club, he disappears after several dances that leave her on fire. When he asks if he can sketch her, alone in her room, she agrees—hoping for more.
Then Jacqueline discovers a withheld connection between her supportive tutor and her seductive classmate, her ex comes back into the picture, and her stalker escalates his attention by spreading rumors that they’ve hooked up. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.


My Review: I am a huge fan of Tammara's BTL Series. Since I am familiar now with her work I guess you could say I know her "potential" and have of course established certain standards as to the sort of story I will expect from her. One I found out about Easy I was immediately excited, before I even had any idea what it was about.
My expectations for this book were set pretty high and I am extremely pleased to say that I was not let down.
Jacqueline is an admirable character. She is struggling with the devastating break-up with a long-term boyfriend, and even though she was momentarily in an emotional fiasco and was in danger of failing a class, she decides she needs to start taking care of her life and future. So, she picks up her slack and decides to look for help in a tutor. Even though she is struggling with the dark memory of that awful night after a party, she decides to be strong and keep going. Even though she is afraid she doesn't let that fear overrule her. Sure maybe it made her choke up at times, but it takes courage to do what she did.
Lucas is mysteriously compelling from the first moment he makes his appearance in Jaqueline's life. He is the one responsible for saving Jacqueline's life to be forever scarred that awful night she wants to forget. But with his seemingly omniprescense in her Econ Class, she's not sure she can ignore him anymore... or wants to. Besides, she could use a distraction in her life.
I found Lucas a very, very complex and inspiring character. I loved the way he was strong and determined enough to take control of his life and maje the best of it, and not only that, but he wants to help prevent future tragedies as such. He doesn't give himself enough credit, because he's hurting. But he's so amazing and courageous.
Even though Jacqueline is starting to sort of get involved with Lucas, she finds herself drawn to her tutor... which she's only ever met online. It's all confusing and frustrating for her. Tammara did a little something there that had me second-guessing my first assumptions and had me intrigued until she decided to spill the beans, and I loved that. I loved that she could fool me that way.
I think what I love most is her writing technique. It's so... clever. The way that she can write things in a sort of classy and proper manner, yet it can be pulled off as totally casual and contemporary.
Before I leave I'd like to add one more thing: the lawnmower. Ha! Hilarious :"D


All Content © Crazed Bookie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...