Thursday, May 24, 2012

Favorite Daemon Quotes—30 Days of Daemon Tour!


Hello and welcome to my stop on the 30 Days of Daemon Blog Tour! I hope you all have been enjoying this crazy, obsessive and fun train. I had the incredible chance to read Onyx and since I am not allowed to share my review with you just yet I will tell you this: BE PREPARED FOR THE STEAM TO GO OFF THE CHARTS. If I loved Jennifer for writing Obsidian, I love her even more now. I think it's safe to say she coolly walked up my list of favorite authors and planted herself at the top with a smug smile on her face.
Today I will be telling you my favorite Daemon scenes and/or quotes. It was tough because I could quote you the whole book, that's how much I loved it. But, I tried cutting it down to the ones that I absolutely loved. This is what I came up with.

1. We all know and love that incredibly sexy protective streak that Daemon has. It's like the cutest thing ever (don't tell Daemon I said that, though). Well, there were some times that when it popped, even though it was kinda scary, I pretty much melted.

Protective Quotes:

• A dark look crept over his face. “I’m capable of anything, Kitten. Killing to protect my family isn’t something I’d hesitate over, but that’s not what you have to worry about.”
• Daemon ignored them and grabbed my cheeks, his hands steady and strong. “Listen to me, Kat. When I tell you to run, you run and you don’t look back no matter what. If any of them— any—chase you, all you have to do is stab them anywhere with the obsidian.”
• “You are so frustrating,” he snapped, eyes flaring with irritation. “He has a reputation, Kat. I want you to be careful.”

2. Another Daemon trademark is his absolute cockiness that, while infuriating, it is extremely hot.

Cocky Quotes:

• “In your dreams, Kitten.” He smirked. “Oh wait, I’m already starring in those, aren’t I?”

3. There were many times when I thought steam would literally burn me, like, come out of the pages and burn me. There were others that made me all itchy and excited and I laughed, but at the same time I wanted to smack Daemon. These scenes deserve to be mentioned.

Laugh/Hate/Steamy/Irritating Scenes:

• The two of us. Hot and sweaty. I bit my lip and tried to make my expression blank, but yet again I knew he could tell what I was thinking when his expression turned annoyingly smug. Beyond annoying.
“You’re kind of dirty, Kitten.”
I blinked. Deny. Deny. Deny. “What did you say?”
• I shivered. Not from the cold, but from how warm and wonderful he felt. I could feel every breath he took, and when he shifted his hips, my eyes went wide and I gasped. Oh yeah, certain stuff was definitely working.

• His hummed, brimming full of power. I ran my fingers down his chest, to the button on his jeans. The back of my legs hit the couch and we went down, a tangle of legs and hands moving, exploring. Our hips were molded together and we moved against one another. I think I whispered his name, and then his arms tightened around me, crushing me against his chest and his hands slipped between my legs. And I was swimming in raw sensations.

4. These are the scenes that made me gape a little.

Holy-Shit-I-Can't-Beleive-He-Said-That Scenes:

• “Then you could run around the house, up and down the stairs.” He paused, his smug grin turning wicked as his eyes met mine. “We could always have sex. I hear that uses up a lot of energy.”

4. Lastly, I'm going to tell you the ones that were oh so rarely sweet and kind or touching. Or cute.

• In a second, the mask he wore slipped down. And there was the real Daemon. Still a total badass, but there was pain in him, a vulnerability in the lines of his face that I doubted anyone ever got to see [...]
"I... I miss the idiot," he said raggedly.


That's the end! Thanks so much for stopping by and make sure to visit today's other Tour stop, Irish Banana and their Couples Questions part 4 post.
If you've missed any of the stops, check out the schedule and links here.

All Content © Crazed Bookie

-
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...