Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Shooting Stars by Allison Rushby


Release Date: February 28, 2012
Publisher: Walker Childrens
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 272
Format: Paperback
Shelfability: Bought
Source: Bookstore
Buy the Book: Amazon

Synopsis: Meet Josephine Foster, or Zo Jo as she’s called in the biz. The best pint-sized photographer of them all, Jo doesn’t mind doing what it takes to get that perfect shot, until she’s sent on an undercover assignment to shoot Ned Hartnett—teen superstar and the only celebrity who’s ever been kind to her—at an exclusive rehabilitation retreat in Boston. The money will be enough to pay for Jo’s dream: real photography classes, and maybe even quitting her paparazzi gig for good. Everyone wants to know what Ned’s in for. But Jo certainly doesn’t know what she’s in for: falling in love with Ned was never supposed to be part of her assignment.

When I first started reading this book I was excited. It looked interesting and fun, but a few chapters into the book, even though I was enjoying it, I felt like I knew the whole story an felt a tug of disappointment, but I still kept going. Josephine and Ned develope a good friendship and get along nicely in the rehab center. Jo is falling for her assignment and she doesn't know what to do. How can she resist Ned when he's so charming?
I loved seeing a little bit into what paparazzis go through and I loved how it felt believable, everything in the story. I admired Jo because she's determined to make her dreams happen, which is to take photography classes, and she works her butt off to get the money she needs. She wants out of the paparazzi business so she takes on this last assignment because shell get tons of money. Once she gets in she has a n internal dilemma between what's right and what is her job. It gets worse for her when she starts getting to know Ned better.
I loved the twist that Allison throws into the story that completely surprised me. A great story.

All Content © Crazed Bookie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...