Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Book Boyfriend (2): Dimitri Belikov


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by The Unread Reader where we get to swoon and openly drool over guys we loved in books.

This week my Book Boyfriend will be the ever strict and totally hot Dimitri Belikov from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. He made me melt from the first book and proceeded to sweep me away in the rest of the series.

Dimitri Facts:
  • Long brown hair, usually brushed back into a ponytail
  • Brown eyes
  • A dhampir (awesome half-vampire)
  • A BADASS dhampir
  • Guardian
  • Rose's tutor

Why I Love Him:
Well, I loved many things about him. It's maybe a little weird because I usually go for the more reckless guys and Dimitri is a total opposite. He is all about the rules, respect, and order. He was always so composed and then to see him lose some of that strenght to Rose is something so incredibly romantic. Jesus, he just blew me away!
I loved how he was so good for Rose, how he wanted her to be great and good and responsible. he wanted her to be the best he could be and was just this force around her, pushing her to go forward. Most of all I loved how he believed in her.

Favorite Quotes/Scenes:

Vampire Academy
Dimitri: "She might be wild and disrespectful, but if she has potential—"

Rose: "Wild and disrespecful? Who the hell are you anyway? Oursourced help?"
Kirova: "Guardian Belikov is the Princess Lissa's guardian now, her sanctioned guardian."
Rose: "You got cheap foreign labor to protect Lissa?"

Last Sacrafice
 “Dont worry, Roza, I'm not afraid. I'll take whatever heat they give me over being with you. It's worth it.”

Vampire Academy
“No. If I let myself love you, I wont throw myself in front of her. I´ll throw myself in front of you.”

Shadow Kiss
Rose: "Wait. You think I'm going to die? That's why you slept with me?"
Dimitri: " No, no, of course not. I did what I did because... believe me, it wasn't because of that. Regardless of the specifics- or if it`s even true- she was right about how easily things can change. We try to do what`s right, or rather, what others say is right. But sometimes, when that goes against who we are... you have to choose. Even before the Strigoi attack, as I watched all the problems you were struggling with, I realized how much you mean to me. It changed everything. I was worried about you- so, so worried. You have no idea. And it became useless to try to act I could ever put any Moroi life above yours. It`s not going to happen, no matter how wrong others say it is. And so i decided that`s something I have to deal with. Once I made that decision... there was nothing to hold us back. Well, to hold me back. I`m speaking for myself. I don`t mean to act like I know exactly why you did it."
Rose: " I did it because I love you," I said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. And really, it was. Dimitri: "You can sum up in one sentence what it takes me a whole speech to get out."
Rose: "Because it`s that simple. I love you, and I don`t want to keep pretending that I don`t."

Dimitri Belikov: My Dimitri is Taylor Kitsch

All Content © Crazed Bookie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...