Monday, March 12, 2012

Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley


Release Date: February 14, 2012
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Age Group: 14+
Pages: 272
Format: Hardcover
Shelfability: Borrowed
Source: Friend
Buy the Book: Amazon


Synopsis:
It’s the end of Year 12. Lucy’s looking for Shadow, the graffiti artist everyone talks about.
His work is all over the city, but he is nowhere.
Ed, the last guy she wants to see at the moment, says he knows where to find him. He takes Lucy on an all-night search to places where Shadow’s thoughts about heartbreak and escape echo around the city walls.
But the one thing Lucy can’t see is the one thing that’s right before her eyes.

Okay, so I really liked this one. A LOT. I loved how everything seems to to be so... destined I guess. I mean Lucy liked Ed a few years back when they were in Year 10. Granted it didn't turn out to be the date of her dreams when they finally went on one, but then they run into each other again on the night she starts to hunt down Shadow. And Ed is Shadow, which Lucy totally has the hots for, coincidence much?
I loved how the whole time you know that Shadow is Ed but Lucy is completely oblivious to the whole thing and Ed just takes her on this wild goose chase across town. It was a fun, refreshing story and I adored it. I adored how Ed was a complicated guy but at the same time he was willing to compromise.
Lucy was a strong-willed girl and independent which I loved. I also enjoyed very much how they described Shadow's graffiti's and I could just perfectly paint it in my mind.
I loved it and it's definitely worth a read.

All Content © Crazed Bookie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...