Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines

Release Date: October 2011
Publisher: Abbi Glines
Age Group: Mature Teens
Pages: 174
Format: Kindle
Shelfability: Bought
Source: Bookstore
Buy the Book: Amazon

Synopsis:  Being the good girl isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Ashton Gray has grown weary of playing the part to please her parents, and to be worthy of the town’s prince charming, Sawyer Vincent. Maybe That’s why she’s found herself spending time with Sawyer’s cousin, Beau, while he’s away for the summer camping with his family. Beau is nothing like her perfect boyfriend. He’s the sexiest guy she’s ever seen, dangerous in ways she’s only day dreamed about, and the one guy she should stay away from.
Beau never envied Sawyer his loving parents, his big nice home, or his position as quarterback. He loves him like a brother. Which is why he's tried everything in his power to keep his distance from Sawyer’s girlfriend. Even if he has loved her since the age of five, Ashton is Sawyer’s girl, so therefore she’s off limits. But when Sawyer leaves for the summer, Ashton, the one girl Beau would move Heaven and Earth for, decides she wants to get into trouble. Stabbing the one person who’s always accepted him and stood by him in the back, is the cost of finally holding Ashton Gray in his arms. Is she worth losing his cousin over?.... Hell Yeah.

The Vincent Boys. Beau. Sigh. To get this off my chest before I explode I'll say: I LOVED IT!
To be honest, I didn't expect to love it as much. This was the first time I'd read something by Abbi and though when I'd read the synopsis I'd marked it as to read, I wasn't very enthusiastic about it. I guess you could say I had low expectations. Once I bought it for my Kindle and started reading I couldn't stop. And even after I'd reached the last page I wanted to read more Beau.
I'm a sucker for romance and people falling in love, finding their soul-mates, love of your life and all that jazz. However, I'm not a big enthusiast on the whole cheating thing. In my opinion, it's always best to be forward from the start. I guess that sometimes there are certain circumstances that perhaps delay you but I dont believe they stop you.
Beau had an instant like for me. I guess I'm just naturally attracted to broken souls and bad boys or something, but even when he was an asshole to Ash I liked him.
I think that I find a certain beauty in a guy who, even though had a rough upbringing and lacked love, can be good at heart. That even if they try to keep appearances, they're caring even if they refuse to acknowledge it's existence because they don't believe it's there. That makes my heart melt even more; for them to be blind of their own goodness.
Anyway! I was pissed at first because really, Ash had the choice and chance to confront Sawyer. It really angered me that she lacked the courage to fight for the person she truly loved. Though I can certainly understand where she tries to be perfect. How she wants to be perfect and worthy of Sawyer. We all seek acceptance and sometimes even sacrifice what truly pleases us to please the world.
As for Beau, like I said, he'd won me from the beginning, but I truly loved him much more after seeing how he treated Ash. I also liked that we got a glimpse at his real emotions because Abbi let us see it. Many times a characters intentions and feelings are misinterpreted because we see them however the main character performed them. That's what I love about books that alternate POV's between the characters. We see the truth.
And... I feel like I'm already giving too much away, so I'll stop now.
I absolutely loved it and the year has barely started but I'm already saving this in my 2012 favorites pile :)

All Content © Crazed Bookie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...