Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Release Date: November 2011
Publisher: Harper Collins
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 352
Format: Hardcover
Shelfability: Bought
Buy the Book: Amazon

I wonder if it's necessary to say that this book was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING AND I LOVED IT! The answer is simple. Yes, it is.
I'll start by saying that the first time I read the synopsis I got that little itch of 'me want now' but it wasn't even out yet. I pre-ordered it and as soon as it arrived I all but devoured it.
From the first few words it sucked me in. Something that at first I wasn't so sure about, but as I kept reading learned that I loved was Tahereh's writing. Absolutely original and very creative and fun. I felt it gave the story this sort of unstable edge. It gave you the sense of always being alert and aware. It really gave the story more life.
Juliette's touch is fatal. Just a simple touch could kill you and she was taken away and locked up by the Reestablishment. She hasn't touched anyone in 264 days. The only company in that cold and lonely cell are numbers. But then suddenly, 1 gorgeous boy is thrown in with her. She's wary that the Reestablishment is testing her, but there's just something about him...
Yes, there is. I absolutely loved him is what I did. Adam is a character that has a hard surface but such a tender heart. He's so passionate and simply took my breath away.
Juliette's character is definietly an admirable one. She's a strong heroine with so much of the kindness that the world lacks and even with the lethal powerful touch she owns she refuses to be broken and used for evil.
The story is amazing and so much fun. It's a great read. If you have yet to read it make sure that you've behaved and ask Santa Claus to bring it. You cannot miss it! It is filled with action, lots of romance, passion but most of all hope. Hope for freedom. Hope for a better world. Hope for a touch Juliette craves. And love. Always hope for love. Love love love. It will set her free. Free free free.

I wish I had written it. Tahereh is a master story-teller.


All Content © Crazed Bookie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...