Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Implosion of Aggie Winchester by Lara Zielin

Release Date: August 2011
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 278
Format: Hardcover
Shelfabilty: Aquire
Source: Bought
Buy the Book: Amazon

This book has a very nice cover and, as I'm sure you've all noticed, I'm a sucker for. Reading the synopsis I ha very high expectations of this book, so maybe that's why I didn't really love it. I'm not saying I disliked it, or much less hated it, bit I didn't love it either. I liked it. I give it a 3.5 because there was a lot of juicy gossip and explosive drama.
For Aggie Winchester everything is going as horrible as it could get. Her mother has breast cancer, her best friend is pregnant, she can't get her ex off her mind and there's a new guy with unknown intentions. The plot is very interesting and fun and Zielin's humor is fantastic. I know, I know. So far I've only said all that I've liked about this book, because really it is a very good book and the story fun and entertaining but I just wasn't feeling it. Okay let me explain. The deal is that I found it very... tepid. Again, I will explain. I found that it lacked romance and all those amazing scenes with that gorgeous guy that make you melt inside. Maybe I'm a hopeless romantic, but in my opinion I felt that what I needed was a little bit more romance and nice things happening. I get that her world is chaos and that she's, well, imploding but it felt so tragic. I mean everything was going so horribly wrong and it all went from bad to worse and it makes for an interesting story but it left me aching for good and happy and goofy and all that good stuff. I also wanted more details about Fitz. I mean really, what's the point of having this exceptional character if he's going to be completely in the sidelines and totally obscured by the loathsome ex-boyfriend?
So, like I said, all in all it was a very entertaining and fun read, but I was just left hanging and wanting for those little moments.

All Content © Crazed Bookie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...