Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Good For You by Tammara Webber

Release Date: December 2011
Publisher: Tammara Webber
Age Group: Mature Teens
Pages: N/A
Format: Kindle
Shelfabilty: Aquire
Source: Author
Buy the Book: Amazon

There is not a single thing of this book that I disliked. Actually, there is... that it ended! I loved this book! It is my favorite one of the three and trust me, after reading and loving Where You Are I had my doubts that I'd like this one better. I DID!
This book absolutely blew me away! I'm going to tell you that it is long, but not once during the time I was reading did I get bored or zone out. Sometimes when books are too  long we think, "When will this end?" Not this one, I can assure you.
As you already know, at the end of Where You Are, Reid Alexander tells Emma Pierce to go to Graham Douglas and clear up the whole mess. In this book, the story starts a bit afterthat. Reid has had a terrible car accident and crashed into a house. He is court-ordered to "volunteer" at the site of the new house for a month to help construct it. At this site, he meets Dori Cantrell, an all around do-gooder, religious and caring person. But everyone has a past and it's not always pretty. Reid is absolutely sure that Dori, in her over-sized t-shirts, is the last woman on earth able to tempt him...

Okay! I think I've already established how much I absolutely LOVED this book. Now i shall tell you why.
One of the things I love about this, and all of Tammara's books, is definitely the realism of it. Her stories are things that could happen to any of us. Circumstances that are relatable.
One of my favorite things about this book is that we've known Reid from book one and therefore I could really appreciate him better in this book. He is definitely a character with a lot of potential. I liked very much how there's more to him than just that PlayBoy sex symbol and that there are actual reasons behind what he does. No one is aware of the struggles he faces in his home with his family, the pressures, the temptations. Instead of trying to solve things he simply buries them with sex, drugs and alcohol.
Dori is a character that absolutely blew my mind as well. I'd set my expectations for her from the first few pages but she managed to surprise me, more than once, and again I love that Tammara kept it real. Instead of making Dori this unblemished persona, the way I'd originally thought, she had her faults and misses as well.
I highly recommend this book and series to everyone.


All Content © Crazed Bookie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...