Monday, December 19, 2011

Angel Evolution by David Estes



Release Date: October 2011
Publisher: David Estes
Age Group: Young Adult Fantasy
Pages: N/A
Format: Kindle
Shelfabilty: Aquire
Source: Author
Buy the Book: Amazon

Angel stories are always a fun read so when David asked if I'd be interested in reviewing it I didn't even think it twice, especially after seeing the cover—you guys already know my weakness with covers.
In this book you have the girl who is destined to destroy the demon race—a legend among the angels. In comes along Gabriel, gorgeous, cocky, and with a subtle glow surrounding him. No one else seems to notice. Something about him scares her. While Taylor struggles for answers, she finds herself in the middle of a century old war centered on one miraculous revelation: evolution.
This story is a quick and fun read; it's entertaining and fast-paced but in a good way. I usually hate stories that are too fast but for some inexplicable reason, I really liked this one and had no problem with it. David has a way of giving things a fast pace without actually rushing exaggeratedly, which I really appreciated.
There are always things that we love and things that we hate about characters. In this case, I was not very fond of the fact that Taylor was so gullible. I know that once you're in love, you become oblivious to a quantity of things or simply refuse to see or believe them, but I felt that she trusted Gabriel a bit too quickly for my taste. However, I came to terms with it because, well, who hasn't done senseless things in the name of love?
I'm a sucker for confident guys so I liked Gabriel from the start, though it later dwindled for reasons I won't say because I'd spoil the story.
I confess that somewhere close to half through the book I felt as though the story was very predictable and I already knew the way everything would turn out. But, boy was I wrong! I was shocked and very intrigued at the way the plot took a dramatic turn (again, I don't want to spoil anything, but I will tell you that you won't see it coming), and I appreciated very much that twist out of the ordinary. I am looking forward to the sequel, Demon Evolution.

Oh! One more thing! I am so Team Christopher. Who is Christopher you ask? Why you'll just have to read to find out ;)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...