Sunday, November 27, 2011

Touch by Jus Accardo—Author Interview+Review

MEET THE AUTHOR:
Jus Accardo is the author of YA paranormal romance and urban fantasy fiction. A native New Yorker, she lives in the middle of nowhere with her husband, three dogs, and sometimes guard bear, Oswald. Her first book, Touch, is out November 2011 from Entangled Publishing. She is represented by Kevan Lyon of Marsal Lyon Literary Agency.

Interview:
I had the pleasure to be able to interview Jus Accardo and ask her a bit about her Debut Novel TOUCH.

Edmiary:
Okay! Here we go! First of all, thank you and welcome!

Jus:
Thanks for inviting me ! :)

Edmiary:
Kale is unable touch other people. Everything he touches dies. Why touch? What gave you the idea to come up with such a dangerous and interesting gift?


Jus:
The whole thing started with a simple flash of a scene. I got this picture in my head of a barefoot girl running through the woods. The ground beneath her withered and died. It all grew from there.


Edmiary:
If you'd found yourself in the same situation as Dez, at the woods after the party, would you have done the same? Would you have aided the strange boy? Why?

Jus:
Hmm... Not sure. Is he as cute as Kale? ;)


Edmiary:
If you could travel back, what time would you go back to and why?


Jus:
This is kind of a loaded question. There are several points I'd like to revisit... But I'd be tempted to change certain things--and if I did that, I wouldn't be the person I am today. I'd probably pass on it all together...


Edmiary:
What's your favorite part about writing?


Jus:
I get to make stuff up for a living!


Edmiary:
Again, thanks so much! It's been a pleasure having you :)


Jus:
This has been a blast! Thanks for letting me hang :)

__________________________


Release Date: November 2011
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 251
Format: Paperback
Source: Bookstore
Buy the Book: Amazon

This has been a year full of great debuts and let me tell you that this one has definitely not been a disappointment. This novel from the very beginning promised to be great. A hot guy in the middle of the woods, totally lost and scared? I HAD to know what happened.
Dez is the only one who can touch Kale without him killing her and that makes everyone wonder and ponder.
Kale has definitely won a spot in my heart and very rapidly crawled his way up to the top 5 of my favorite male characters ever. I am in love. He has this sort of sweet innocence that blew me away, and those blue eyes? To die for!
Dez is also a character I really liked because she's very much in charge of her image and she's strong and has a clear mind of how she wants things to be done. She knows how to use things to her advantage and she doesn't let anyone mess around with her.
Accardo has a way of writing things that I really like. They're witty, funny and fresh.
This novel will wrap you up in suspense and leave space for a promising sequel to come. A fantastic read.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...