Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire



Release Date: May 2011
Publisher: Jamie McGuire
Age Group: Mature Readers (some explicit context)
Format: Kindle
Source: Friend
Buy the Book: Amazon

I was first attracted to this book because of it's cover. It called to me and it made me curious. When I read the synopsis I had to read it. I don't know why. There was something about the plot that genuinely captured my attention.
In this book, Travis Maddox is your regular bad boy, screw-every-girl-in-my-line-of-vision, street boxer type, so naturally I wasn't fond of him to begin with. Abby is your good runaway girl. She's doesn't swear and doesn't drink. She's also trying to get away from her dark past.
When this unlikely pair meet at one of Travis's famous fights everyone is surprised at their quickly growing friendship. And not only that but the fact that Travis "Mad Dog" Maddox hasn't tried getting her into bed getting some serious head turns. Travis and Abby make a bet where if she loses she has to stay at his apartment for a whole month and if he loses then he has to clean up his act. Sadly, she loses and the fun really begins when Abby is forced to stay in Travis's apartment. As time passes, Travis realizes that Abby just may be the one for him, the problem is she just doesn't want him. How is it that the only girl that Travis wants seriously won't have him?
I'm not even sure why I liked Travis, but I did. He's obsessive, self-destructing, and a bit imposing. Yet, there was something inexplicably good about him. Sure, he was a complete jackass a lot of the times but when it really got down to it he was good and cared about Abby. He changed his ways for her and simply loved her.
Abby on the other hand, infuriated me a bit because I felt like she was just set on making Travis's life harder. She knew perfectly well that he was crazy about her and she went about making more complicated on him. Yes, she had her own monsters to fight but, in my opinion, she shouldn't have made a decision for him concerning each other and her little "problem".
I can promise you that this book didn't let me down. I loved it! It actually went above my expectations, which is saying a lot since they were already pretty high. The book was amazing and I loved how McGuire made those intense scenes work.

All Content © Crazed Bookie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...