Friday, June 17, 2011

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater


Release Date: June 2010
Publisher: Scholastic, Inc.
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 400
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Source: Bookstore
Buy the Book: Amazon


This book is very touching. I can tell you that I totally didn't expect to cry. Well I didn't tear up, but I shed a tear or two. Anyway, so this book was very interesting. It has this cool twist that everytime winter comes Sam turns into a wolf. 
What I love most is that they've known each other since, like, forever, and they fall in love and Grace finally meets her yellow-eyed wolf, but she doesn't know how to keep him because of winter. It's not the whole "I just met you but I'm strangely attracted to you but you don't want me", or the "I'm attracted to you but our love is impossible because...". And it's not that I've got anything against those type of stories because, well, I guess they just never get old! But it was nice reading something different.
So basically, they're struggling to keep him human and be together. And as winter comes closer it gets harder to keep Sam human. Hopefully soon I can read the amazing sequel Linger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...